Sunday 6 March 2011

Busy Weekend

With the lovely dry weather continuing we have been busy around the fields and the holiday cottages.  Steve finished the chain harrowing in the fields currently being rested all we need now is some grass to grow.  We are still waiting for the final go ahead to move some animals into the new field, obviously not a priority for the landowner but very frustrating for us!
We have been busy finishing off the decorating and refurbishing in the cottages, it seems to have taken for ever this year but with all the cold weather in December it all got pushed back.  Anyway we have fitted new TVs on brackets in the lounges also add a new lookalike electric wood burner in each cottage as we don't have chimneys we thought these would be the next best thing, just to give a focal point to the lounges, quite effective really, not like the real thing though.  So both cottages are now looking really smart with the changes and their new bathrooms.
In between working outside I have been uploading some pictures of the changes to the cottage website and I have been meaning to take some pictures of the Alpacas now they are all fluffy and dry but haven't got round to that yet.  I have been trying to update the Alpacas site as well so I really need to do the pictures.
I finally managed to get my entry into the craft section of the Futurity finished, not in time to post it to Mileend but I have managed to get them taken up to Stoneleigh in time for Thursday's judging, I really need to be more organised in future.
I am really looking forward to the Futurity next week, we are not showing any animals so haven't got the stress of that, so plenty of time to catch up with everyone over coffee or probably something stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment