Friday 22 April 2011

Not good

Marietta to look at looks Ok not much twitching or shaking but she won't get up.  We have tried to lift her onto her feet but she squeals constantly.  I don't think she is in pain just stressed and not wanting to stress her any more we haven't tried to lift her again.  I phoned the Vet again and he has no more idea as to what can be the problem, I also phone one of the contacts from the BAS emergency contact list who was very helpful and went through all the things he could think of, most of which we have considered.  So far she has had several injections of Calciject 6, several doses of a glucose drench, some selenium and some epson salts, ADE injection.

As she is now down I really don't know what to do,  it is so sad to see her and not be able to help.

She is tucked up in the shelter and we can watch her on the Alpaca cam, I am hoping she will improve overnight.

We spent the whole day up in the fields so we did get a day off.

4 comments:

  1. We really feel for you - I know what it is like to not know what to do next.
    Hoping for some improvement by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that there has been no improvement for Marietta...I am amazed that none of the long established breeders have not come across something similiar...worth a general email?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sorry that Marietta does not appear to be responding to treatment. Thinking of you and hoping for the best for her. Shirley & Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to read your problems are still on going. Have you considered trying Vit B..it help with the nervous system ! Marmite ! will do its high in the B Vits....just a thought ! I once gave it to a poorly boy I had along with added iron in a human water based sachet, from the chemist, to help improve the blood....Im sure at this stage....any thing is worth a try !.....keeping my fingers crossed for you that things..improve...soon !......Jayne

    ReplyDelete